By: Crosby Staff
To mitigate the spread of any germs in our facility, we have an extensive daily deep cleaning schedule that goes beyond industry standards. Plus, our members can depend on the quality service and programs offered Crosby. Find out what are current members are saying about their personal experiences since returning to Crosby Wellness Center.
– Why do you work out? For peace of mind. It helps me to be calm and relaxed and enjoy my day.
– What kind of workouts are you currently doing? I mix it up. I do lots of classes; yoga, aqua classes, some of the cardio options. I do a little of everything but almost all classes.
– What’s the best part about returning to the center? The staff! Everyone is so welcoming and you see everyone working diligently to keep things clean and safe. Even when you guys look busy, you stop to be friendly and ask about our workouts. I love, love, love the instructors.
– How often do you work out at the center since reopening? Seven days a week. I feel off if I don’t. I don’t always work out hard, but I get here to get some exercise every day. Sometime if I have a big church or family event I miss a day, but I am very dedicated to my exercise.
– How comfortable are you working out at the center since reopening? VERY! This building is spotless. It is cleaner than some of the doctors’ offices I have seen. I have also seen the staff enforce the new policies and I like that the classes are smaller so we can distance. I hope that never goes away.
– If you wrote a health and fitness book, what would be the title? Keeping Linda Level and at Peace. In February I was diagnosed with an aneurism. At first, the doctors told me no more physical activity. I felt terrible all the time. I wasn’t seeing friends and just felt stiff all the time. After a while I decided to start exercising again, I started really slow to make sure I felt ok. After a few weeks of trying to get back to where I was I felt great. I got back to regular exercise and then when I visited my doctor they told me all my numbers looked better. I don’t think I could ever feel good without being active. Not only does it make my body feel good, it puts my whole spirit at rest.
Joseph (27) and Hannah Madsen (28). Affectionately known as “the kids” by EVERYONE who works or comes in at 5am.
– Why do you work out? Hannah Kate: For a healthy routine. Joseph: I jokingly tell people so I can eat whatever I want. But mainly just to stay active and fit.
– What kind of workouts are you currently doing? Joseph: We just started a full-body program [program not offered at Crosby] Hannah Kate: We always run a mile first. Joseph: It is a new exercise program so we are constantly staring at our phones because we are still learning the program. There are different target days with different focuses, but every day incorporates every muscle group.
– What’s the best part about returning to the center? Joseph: Seeing everybody. Hannah Kate: That’s really the reason we come. Janet and Wil get after us if we don’t come. We know a bunch of the other regulars and we are looking for them. We look for them; we also love Russel the security guard.
– How often do you work out at the center since reopening? Joseph: 5 days a week. Hannah Kate: Sometimes we miss, but very rarely. Last week we missed Monday, but if one of us there is a 100% chance we both come. Working out together makes a little longer, but it makes the workouts happen and keeps us accountable.
– How comfortable are you working out at the center since reopening? Joseph: Very comfortable. Hannah Kate: We see people cleaning all the time. Everyone always has a bottle or a wipe.
– If you wrote a health and fitness book, what would be the title? Joseph: How to eat whatever you want and get away with it. Hannah Kate: Building a balanced lifestyle. Our whole routine is after we leave here Joe makes lattes and I make breakfast and then we either do our bible study together or doulingo (learning a new languages). It’s just like working out you need to have a reason and stick with it.
To maximize your opportunities to save on membership, programs and services with the promotions, please call (407) 644-3606 or complete the form below:
†Survey results collected from 1,339 active members at Power Wellness managed centers between July – August 2020.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails.